October Snow

Friday, April 23, 2010

Finally Getting Started

Well late April is here and the reality of "I better get going" if I want a garden this season. I don't quite have the passion that I've had in the past but still cant resist starting seeds, taking cuttings and rooting roses, wisteria, hostas ect.
I've got some broccoli raab, lettuce, and swiss chard in the greenhouse bed in various stages of growth.


The Swiss Chard wintered over and we were feeding the rabbits it but now with new growth happening, the rabbits will now have to share it with me.

I have some nice Romaine lettuce growing inside cement block openings.




In the beginning of April I started basil and tomato seeds indoors on the heat mat and under fluorescent lighting like usual to get them started in a controlled environment.



I just stepped them up into cell packs this morning.













1 comment:

  1. Maybe someday I will get to see your gardens up close and personal! If you need more rabbit manure I know a good source. The maypinks are beautiful - I can't get them to grow in my yard.

    ReplyDelete